Saturday, October 1, 2011

Little Landon Might be Coming Home Today!

We are trying to keep our emotions tempered but we were told yesterday that he would come home today. Last night he had a brief dip in his SATs, but is still doing relatively well. Allison and I roomed-in last night at the hospital and took care of him all night for the first time without all the monitors and cords hooked up to him. They try to do this to prevent us from being terrified at home without a monitor and encourage us to focus on him and see if his color changes from the beautiful pink that all babies should be. The pediatric cardiologist is going to do another echo on him this morning to ensure that he can in fact go home. Also, they had his hearing test redone on his right ear and passed! False alarm there!

I got an hour of sleep, but the good thing is that I have been able to let Allison finally sleep some. The poor mommy has been worried sick about him and been burning the candle at both ends trying to produce enough food for him to provide him the antibodies that are so valuable that come from her food. It was great to have Landon around all night. I am getting the hang of this father thing for now, though when my body catches up to me due to the lack of sleep this will get tough.

We have at least 9 weeks to go. Please keep praying for him. These next nine weeks and beyond are critical for him to skip that first surgery.

I have felt very blessed by the nurses that have been around us. I have learned a few tricks just being around them over the past week and feel much more ready to keep this guy happy when his body is needing something. That is it for now.

I will leave you with one last thought. I was thinking last night what Landon would say if he could speak right now... it is decidedly so that he would say.... beat the Yankees!

Gary

1 comment:


December 2012