Monday, October 3, 2011

Seeing Landon post-op

We finally got to get back and see Landon a few hours ago.  I knew it wouldn't be easy to see him that way and boy was I right. I didn't even count the wires and stuff that he's hooked up to (now that I've been away from work for a few weeks, I don't think I can count that high).  He was a little blue, which they said is normal, but his face looks peaceful, which is reassuring.  I know he's sedated and on enough meds that he can't feel anything, but it's hard to imagine that he could be comfortable with all the stuff attached to him. 

It sounds like they will gradually start to take him off some of his meds as he makes progress, but it's all on his timing and following his cues. I (Allison) hear he opened his eyes for a few seconds but I haven't seen it for myself yet. We just love him so much and we know that God loves him even more. God has truly sustained us through this day and we know he will continue to give us the strength for each day.

Thank you all so much for your messages, prayers and support today. It has been so encouraging that there are so many people praying for him in so many places! We know of people praying on at least 3 continents!  We'll continue to post recovery updates and try to update the current prayer requests often.

No comments:

Post a Comment


December 2012