Sunday, September 25, 2011

He's Here!!


Landon Edward Walenga was born today, September 25th at 4:59am. He weighed 6lbs 9 oz and measured 20 inches long. We are so excited to finally see our baby boy! He is precious and such a gift from God. He is in the NICU and doing ok so far. They've run a few echocardiagrams on him already today and are monitoring him and have him hooked up to several lines. They will keep him in Colorado Springs until at least tomorrow. Still no decision yet on if he'll need surgery in Denver or not.

We're trying to get down to see him as much as we can but I'm also still recovering and everyone is trying to catch some sleep here and there since last night was a long night! My water broke at 2:30 yesterday afternoon so we came to the hospital and then I wasn't making good progress (even with some pitocin) so it seemed to take forever but I guess we were an "average" first birth at about 14 1/2 hours. It's so agonizing to have to leave him in the NICU while I go back to my room- I just wish I could hold him but for now they're just trying to make sure he's stable. Please be praying for him (and for us!) - he's already shown a lot of strength and we know God will get him through whatever happens.

We're just proud parents right now and so in love with our son!

2 comments:

  1. We are praying for you both and Landon as well. I understand how hard it is to leave a baby in the NICU, our youngest son had to stay 6 days in the NICU (he got to come home Christmas Eve 2003). It tore me up to leave him and go back to my room and then the next day go back home without him so I could be there for our then 11 month old (we burned some gas for those 6 days!). It pulls at my heart still to think about it! We will continue to pray for you all and look forward to keeping up with his progress. We have mutual friends who asked us to pray for you all.

    Robin Barnes
    Aberdeen, NC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to post an update, Ali! We'll keep praying for you guys and getting updates as we can!

    ReplyDelete


December 2012