Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Getting closer. . .

Counting down the weeks is turning into counting down the days and we're getting very excited to meet our son! We've been staying busy trying to get lots of things done around the house and also take a little bit of time to go out to a few nice dinners together before our family of 2 becomes 3! My mom is coming out this weekend (Dad will come out a little later) so we'll be very glad to have her here to help us get some of those last minute things done and to keep me company once I finish up work.

As we thought, the last echo we had a few weeks ago didn't tell us for sure whether he'll need surgery initially or not.  They will administer a series of echos on him after birth to see how is reacting to life on his own and make the call after a few days. I've been going to appointments twice a week to get tests to make sure he's still doing well and so far he's been doing great with them. Driving downtown 2 times a week for appointments that are 1-2 hours has been kind of taxing but I'm glad they are keeping such a close eye on him. I (Allison) am doing well, just getting more tired and achy and stuff.  I'm starting to see myself being really ready to be done being pregnant by my due date! 

For now, we're just trying to enjoy this time together as a couple but also anxious and thrilled to finally see our little boy face to face!

No comments:

Post a Comment


December 2012