Monday, June 6, 2011

God's Purpose

I (Gary) wanted to also share a few thoughts that I feel God has been putting on my heart over the last three weeks.  I know that at least for me I have felt tremendous peace the last week or two.  I am supremely confident in that God will only give us as much as we can handle. 

Not that I/we are wishing for such circumstances, but we feel confident that God will provide for us physically and emotionally through this process.  I also look forward to the process (as hard as it will be) and know that God is going to bless my son with a tremendous story no matter what happens.

We have been reading a few other blogs in the process and that has provided tremendous hope for us; reading through the process and the emotional roller coaster that will ebb and flow.  I have been amazed at how someone living a 1,000 miles away, whom we have never met, can have such a profound impact on our life.  If you have eight hours and want to read about a tremendous family, knock yourself out here.  

It's funny how in church I constantly hear about life circumstances that families go through and wonder why I never felt like life had been that hard for me.  I am sure my faith will be tested beyond comprehension throughout this process and to be honest, despite a few hard initial days, this has been easy thus far because there is nothing we can do right now except lean on my relationship with God and trust. 

2 Corinthians 12:9

New Living Translation (NLT)

Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I'm in awe of how calm you and Allison are, I don't think I would be. So I think you're completely right that God will only give you what you can handle, and I know that all of you will be stronger in the end, no matter what.
    You three are in our daily prayers and I'm going to put Baby Boy Walenga in our book of the sick at church so the whole Cathedral parish will be praying for him too! It's all about the power of prayer, right?
    We love you all and we can't wait to see you in August! - Amanda

    ReplyDelete


December 2012